Link love from the Internet. Not everything I read is literary or travel related.
1. Your cat may actually be making you crazy – and it affects men and women differently. Read about it in The Atlantic.
2. What happens when you read more than 500 self-help books? You have the gist of just about everything. Five take aways from a writer who did just that.
3. Debunking Yoga Myths – I know a lot of people who won’t try yoga for some of these very reasons. If you can get past these, you can find yoga to be incredibly helpful.
5. New York Magazine had an article last month on the drastic increase in anxiety and depression in young Americans over the past 80 years. And no one really knows why. My guess is technology. And the continued stigma around mental health. Which is why I give you the following people speaking up and out about mental health:
- Wil Wheaton on dealing with anxiety and depression
- The Bipolar Alphabet Blog and Book – coming soon (a project you can support BTW): a look at the daily struggle and experience of living with Bipolar Disorder.